- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Start and end in Tel Aviv! With the in-depth cultural tour Heritage & Holy Land – 8 days, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Tel Aviv, Israel and 4 other destinations in Israel. Heritage & Holy Land – 8 days includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Highlights of The Tour
- Visit the Church of the Annunciation
- Explore the dynamic city of Tel Aviv
- Enjoy the spectacular views from Mt. Scopus
- Swim in Dead Sea
- Discover the new Jerusalem
No details found.
Tel AvivThursday. Airport transfer to your hotel included. Rest of the day free for you to enjoy the dynamic city of Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean.
Jaffa and TiberiasTel Aviv - Jaffa - Tiberias. A short drive brings us to Jaffa, an ancient port where we enjoy a walking tour of the picturesque fortified town, see the House of Simon the Tanner and marvel at the hilltop views. Continuing north along the coast we visit Caesarea, one of the great cities of antiquity and Megiddo, the location of many ancient battles and the city referred to in the book of Revelation as ‘Armageddon’. Here we explore the archaeological ruins before continuing to the Sea of Galilee and historic Tiberias, where Jesus lived and preached.
See of Galilee and Miracle SitesTiberias. Today we visit Capernaum, an ancient fishing village and the centre of Jesus’ ministry. In Tabgha, the site where Christ miraculously fed the 5,000, we see the wonderful mosaic floor of the Church of Multiplication before continuing to the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus preached the ‘Sermon on the Mount’. Ascending to the rocky plateau of the Golan Heights we enjoy panoramic views of the rugged peaks of Mount Hermon with the green pastoral Huleh valley stretching out below.
Cana and NazarethTiberias - Jerusalem. First stop today is Cana to visit the Wedding Church where Jesus performed his first miracle, turning water into wine. We continue on to Nazareth, the city where Jesus spent his childhood, where we visit the Church of Annunciation, Mary’s Well and Joseph’s Church. Passing through the Jordan Valley we reach Beit Shean and explore the excavations of this beautifully preserved Roman city, destroyed in an earthquake, before travelling on to Jerusalem.
The Dead SeaJerusalem - Dead Sea - Jerusalem. An excursion today takes us to the remarkable scenery of the Dead Sea and Masada, a UNESCO-listed fortress situated on an isolated cliff in the Judean Desert. We ascend by cable car to the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Here we visit the excavations of King Herod’s palace, the synagogue and bathhouse. The site also offers spectacular views of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea. We’ll also see the Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and enjoy floating on the salty, mineral-rich waters (weather permitting) before heading back to Jerusalem.
Jerusalem and Bethlehem (West Bank)Start the day with the spectacular panoramic views from Mt. Scopus before a stop at the Mount of Olives, the site where Jesus first gave the Lord’s Prayer. We visit the Garden of Gethsemane before heading to the Old City where we see the Western Wall, the Temple Mount, Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Just outside of the Old City is Mount Zion with the traditional tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper.
New JerusalemOn day 7 we discover new Jerusalem, starting with the official memorial site of Yad Vashem, a sprawling complex dedicated to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust. After paying our respects we head to Ein Karem, a picturesque village where John the Baptist was born. Spend some time in the Israel Museum visiting the Shrine of the Book, which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls, and a detailed model of Jerusalem from the time of the Second Temple. Passing the Knesset (House of Parliament) and the campus of the Hebrew University we make our way to Bethlehem in the West Bank where we visit Rachel’s Tomb and the Church of the Nativity. Then we return to Jerusalem for the night.
Jerusalem to Tel AvivThursday. Jerusalem - breakfast. Today marks the end of our tour. After hotel check out, transfer to the airport.
- 7 nights accomodation in 4 star hotels
- This tour is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go. You will join travellers from a number of different operators, some staying in different hotels for sightseeing each day and spend your evenings at leisure. The sightseeing group may vary in size from 10 – 38 persons.
- Services of local guides for scheduled sightseeing
- 7 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- This tour offers Jain, Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal and Kosher food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
- Ben Gurion Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 8
- All transfers and transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Touring of – Jaffa, Caesarea, Megiddo, Galilee Miracle Sites, Nazareth, Beit Shean, Masada, Qumran Caves, Jerusalem, Ein Karem & Bethlehem
- Cable car ride in Masada, for views of the Dead Sea
- Entrance fees to all included sightseeing
Flights and Visa Services
- International flights and visa
- Tipping/gratuities for your guide and driver. We recommend you allow USD$5 – 7 per day, per traveller. for your guide and USD$2 for your driver. Tipping your guide and driver is an entirely personal gesture.
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
It takes approximately 24 hours with full payment to confirm your booking please include a valid email address to receive receipt.
This tour is billed by person there might be 10-38 people apart from you on the tour