Good morning to you all today’s FOODIE is easy to make recipe guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and leave you loving your veggies.
2 (9-oz.) packages cheese tortellini
3 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 c. milk
1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until almost al dente, about half the time called for on box. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and stir until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute more. Slowly add milk and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and artichokes, stirring until well coated. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked tortellini and toss to combine. Pour pasta into a large baking dish and top with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbly, 20 minutes.