Zero coconut milk goes to waste in this recipe. Some of it is used with fresh pineapple and lime juice to create a creamy and bright marinade. The rest is used to cook the rice, and WOW. It’s a total game-changer.
SERVINGSPREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 0 MINS
1 (13.66-oz.) can Thai Kitchen coconut milk
1/2 c. chopped pineapple
4 thin pineapple rings, cut into wedges
6 tbsp. lime juice
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
McCormick ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled with the tail on
2 c. jasmine rice
1/4 c. vegetable oil, divided
1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro, chopped
2 c. shredded red cabbage
- In a blender, blend coconut milk until smooth. Remove 1 ¼ cups coconut milk and pour into a small pot and set aside.
- To the remaining ½ cup coconut milk in blender, add chopped pineapple, 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and toss shrimp with marinade. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, to the pot with coconut milk over medium heat, add rice, 1 ¼ cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt . Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Add shrimp to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, toss cabbage with remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp over rice with pineapple, cabbage, and lime wedges.