The Chem Chem Safari Lodge is within the Burunge Wildlife Management Area, a game rich area of great beauty situated between the Tarangire National Park and the Lake Manyara National Park. Guests privacy is guaranteed as well as the best game viewing experiences as no other lodges or camps have traversing rights in this area.
Located in the migration corridor, visitors are ensured an unbeatable wildlife experience evening from the comfort of their suite. With animals always moving through this pristine 20 000-hectare wilderness, it has become a wildlife lover’s dream.
The eight spacious tent-style suites are ideal for wildlife watching. Each of the Luxury Tents offers scenic views across a dry salt pan and offer convenient amenities and features to ensure a most comfortable stay.
Each of the eight tents is situated at least 80 metres apart to ensure total privacy, with spectacular lake views. The family tent is an additional 52m2 tent (with two single beds and its bathroom and dressing room) connected by a 1.6m wooden bridge from one of the suites.
Luxury Tented Suite:
- A King or two single beds with mosquito nets
- Luxury bathroom with bath and outdoor shower
- Dressing room
- Reading corner
- Terrace with spectacular views and a daybed
- Dressing gown & slippers
- Signature toiletries
- In-room safe
- Yoga mats
- Hair dryer (available during generator times)
- Intercom telephone
- A camp bed is possible for one child aged 8years or older.
Space, silence, and serenity characterize the Chem Chem Lodge also known as ‘the sunset camp’, being luxurious without being lavish. This unique safari camp blends in naturally with the unfenced wilderness which surrounds it. The facilities are designed for a fulfilling experience with nature.
The public space of the lodge resembles the elegant shape of a flamingo with its wings spread out for landing. The one side features the gourmet dining room as well as the outside fire pit. The other arm provides the fully-stocked bar, the comfortable lounge, fireplace and library.
- Gourmet dining room
- Outside fire pit
- Fully-stocked bar
- Fireplace and library
- Viewing deck
- Watering hole in front of the lodge
- Outdoor swimming pool among acacia and palm trees
- Amani Health and Beauty Spa
- Gym with a view.
Guests staying at Chem Chem have the choice to do everything or to do nothing. No matter if guests explore the bushveld on foot, or in a game viewing vehicle or relax at the camp, this unique safari destination offers unforgettable experiences.
- Walking safaris with a Maasai warrior
- Guided game drives
- Cultural tour
- Lakeside sundowners
- Relax by the outdoor swimming pool.
Families are welcome to Chem Chem to explore, discover, and connect. Travellers with children spend valuable time together during safari experiences, hands-on conservation as well as community involvement. The Chem Chem family suite and Little Chem Chem Family Tent features two bedrooms and two bathrooms host three children 16 and under and two adults.
- Children aged eight years and over can be accommodated.
- The Lodge Suites & Camp Tents accommodate one child sharing with parents.
- If the Lodge is hired exclusively, children of all ages are welcome.
- All children are to be accompanied by parents/guardians on all safari activities.
The nearest international airport is the Kilimanjaro Airport. Depending on the landing time, guests may continue their journey to the lodge or stay for one night in Arusha, starting their safari the next day. For guests who stay over in the town of Arusha in Tanzania, the 22-minute scheduled charter flight from Arusha to Kuro Airstrip in the Tarangire Park is recommended.
From this airport, the lodge’s guide collects travellers in a game-viewing vehicle with a coffee box or lunch and transfer you through the untamed bushveld to the Chem Chem Lodge or the Little Chem Chem Lodge. An alternative option of how to get to this safari lodge is to take a road transfer from Arusha to Chem Chem direct. For guests who fly in from the Serengeti, it is recommended to arrive at Lake Manyara Airport which is then followed by a road transfer to the Chem Chem Safari Lodge.
FIVE STAR DEAL
Stay for 4 nights at Chem Chem Safari Lodge and only pay for 3 nights. This offer is valid 1 September – 20 December 2018 and 10 January – 28 February 2019.
Included in the rate:
- 3 meals per day, house wines, beers, spirits, water & soft drinks (excludes connoisseur wine & French champagne).
- Safari activities: guided walks, tracking with the Maasai and a bush breakfast.
- Morning and afternoon game drives on the Little Chem Chem concession
- Evening sundowners on the edge of Lake Manyara. Day with local Maasai, cultural visit (Maasai village and the local school).
- Game drive to Tarangire National Park in an open vehicle (excludes park fees)
- Laundry (hand washed) & internet access (Wi-Fi available).
- Arrival transfer from Kuro Airstrip (in Taragire National Park, excludes park fees)
- Stays of 4 nights or more: Daily 1-hour massage per person
Excluded from the rate:
- Road transfers (only arrival transfer from Kuro Airstrip to lodge included – from 1 March 2018 only)
- Conservation and Community fees US$125 per person per night
- Tourism and Development Levy
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance of US$30 per person per stay
- connoisseur wine & French champagne
- Park Fees for Taragire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater National Parks
- Personal purchases phone calls and gratuities
- Flight Tickets
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 1 September – 20 December 2018 and 10 January – 28 February 2019
- The lowest nightly rate will be the free night
- Minimum 4 nights
- Subject to availability